Monday, November 7, 2011

Introducing Christina

            At 27, I am still unsure of exactly who I am or what I want to be. I do know that I am not a simple person. I am not a person that is easily categorized nor do I fit into a neat box.
            I am half German, half American. As a child and adolescent, I spent the majority of my time with my grandparents in Germany. Even when we lived in the States, I was counting the days to the next summer vacation or Christmas break when I was able to go back to Germany.
            I used to be an Army brat. Then I turned into an Army girlfriend. Soon I will be a National Guard Army wife. As much as I want to and have tried to fight it, the Army is in my blood. No matter where I have lived, I always knew I could walk into the commissary and know, for the most part, where I could find the milk. I’ve found comfort in knowing where the milk is.
            I am an avid reader and collector of books. As a child, you would find me in a tree or in the bathtub with a book. As long as I wasn’t disturbed, it didn’t matter where I read since books transported me away from life anyhow. My books are the only things that have accompanied me on moves across oceans and continents. I still strive to one day own the library from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.
            I am a writer of short stories. My stories are character-driven, often discussing and evaluating the human condition. I am currently submitting my short stories in hopes of having it published in a literary magazine. I have never attempted a novel. It is on my bucket list.
            These are the few things that I know about myself. There is much left to discover about who I am and what I will become. I invite you to follow my blog as I write about who I was, who I am, and who I will become, collectively.

4 comments:

  1. Christina, I recommend loading Intense Debate for your comment corner. I like how it loads comments, and under it I put up the most recent comments. One thing I did read was not to moderate comments, at least in the beginning. People don't like to deal with annoying captcha passwords or signing in.
    I'm picking a few comments here and there. We'll we how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I had to make two attempts at captcha and then the page told me I didn't have permission to access the comments section before I could post! Definitely a deterrent to posting. So far, I'm loving Intense Debate. It's so fast and easy for people to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Tina! I feel so disconnected from you lately, and I would love to be able to read stuff from you :) I hope you will post a few of your writings as your blog gets going! Love you and Miss you!

    ReplyDelete